Sunday, October 7, 2012
Since the iPhone 5 came out, I have been thinking that we've come a long way in terms of mobile communication.  So as a tribute to the progress we've made, I have listed the phones I have had since 1999 up until today.  Based on each phone, we can see the little milestones through the years.  Enjoy! (Images do not belong to me.  Let me know if any is yours so I can link your site.)

Motorola Startac (bought by my dad in Europe) - first phone I ever used to send SMS.  One thing I can distinctly remember about this phone is that you need to memorize at least part of the number of your contacts.  The contact name does not reflect on received SMS, even if the number has been saved in the phone directory.  What a headache!


Nokia 3210 (bought for around 10K, if I remember correctly) - I actually skipped the 5110 and 6150 and went straight to this.  I loved the fact that I was able to compose my own ringtone, play Snake, and be able to enjoy 'graphics' SMS because of the 4-liner screen.  I remember also putting an acetate sheet with Kenshin's face on the LCD screen on this phone.



Nokia 3310 (Price at 9K) - not much of an upgrade from the 3210, but like its predecessor, this phone's backlight can also be changed.  If I remember correctly, I think I had this phone changed to the blue/green backlight.



Nokia 6210 (Price at 12K) - Yay!  First phone I was able to surf the net with.  Of course you can't do much with an analogue screen and if you're not careful, the WAP charges can kill you.


Nokia 8250 (Given to me 2nd hand, in exchange for the 6210) - This is the time wherein there seemed to be a race to make the world's smallest phone.  The smaller your phone, the more expensive it is.


Nokia 8310 (Bought for 14.5K) - This is the first phone that I had that had built-in white backlight so no need to go to Greenhills to have it changed.  


Nokia 3650 (given to me from the US) - first ever color camphone I had, with the funny keypad.  Memory was expandable to 32MB I think.  VGA camera at 0.3mpx.  I can't remember anymore if I could install customized themes, but I do remember being able to use wav files as ringtones.  Favorite ringtone at that time was 'In the Club'.  Hehehehe. :)




Nokia 6620 (given to me from the US) - Not sure what the diff between this and the 3650, but thank God for the normal keypad!  Sad ending for this phone because it was stolen from me by someone who pretended to be my sister!

Nokia 3200 - Colored phone, no camera with polyphonic rigntones.  Not sure if I got this free from a Globe phone line.



Sony Ericsson w600 (around 12K, I think???) - first ever walkman phone.  Can play A LOT of mp3s with its 256MB internal memory.  First ever phone to cross the 1mpx camera resolution.  High novelty factor because of its rotating form factor.  This was a cute little phone.


Motorola ??? (no idea about the model number, sent from the US) - vga camera, colored screen, 5 colors theme to choose from, non-expandable memory.


Motorola RAZR (sent from the US) - same as the specs of above phone but this once looks  A LOT nicer.  One of the high-end phones during that time.


Nokia 6288 (bought second hand for around 7K) - first slider and 2mpx camphone I owned.  Loved the white color.  Memory expandable upto 2GB (I think).  Themes also customizable.



Nokia N76 (came free with my Globe line when I became an STL) - my first N series phone.  Very elegant and slim phone.  I super duper loved this phone, but I don't know what came over me that I sold this to someone I did not like that much.


Nokia N73 (bought second hand for around 8K, I think, sold  after a few months to a very good friend) - Selling point was the 3.2 mpx camera with Carl Zeiss optics.  Love the custom themes as well.




Nokia 5610 (bought for around 12-14K) - first express music phone.  Also has a 3.2mpx camera with flash.  Selling point was the music player (I think).


Nokia 6120 (bought for around 9K) - first ever pink phone.  2 mpx camera, customizable themes, expandable upto to 2GB.  Bought this phone because I fell in love with its color.


Samsung Blackjack II (sent from the US) - First ever QWERTY phone and first ever Windows OS phone.  2mpx camera, expandable memory but themes not customizable.


Nokia E71 (bought for around 17K) - what a sexy phone!  And first phone I had that can connect to the net through wifi.  3.2mpx camera, very cute custom themes, metal casing.


LG KS360 (Bought for around 8K) - Again, bought because of its color.  Touch and type phone.  First phone that I had that had threaded SMS.  Other than that, nothing else that stands out.



Iphone 3GS, 16GB (Bought for 37.5K) - first ever full touchscreen phone I owned and I fell in love, and have not looked back since then.  Very sad ending as I lost this phone after only 8 months. :( There went by 37.5K!

Samsung Corby - Free phone from my Smart line.  Nothing remarkable on this phone except for the cute interchangeable back covers.  I was a bit frustrated since I was not able to get the pink version.  Came with Samsung's native OS.


HTC Wildfire (Bought for around 12K) - Android Froyo, laggy OS, screen resolution ugly so less than three months after owning it, I got rid of it!


Iphone 4, 16GB (came with my Globe postpaid plan, with 10K cashout at plan 1799php) - retina display, iOS 4 (at that time), 5mpx camera with flash, facetime, imessaging, etc.  It's been almost 2 years and I'm still in love it! :)


Blackberry Curve 8520 (Bought for 8K) - Got this to get into the BIS / BBM bandwagon, hahaha!


Blackberry 9360 (bought for 16.5K) - Got this for its color.  I fell in love with this at first sight because of its color, and the screen resolution is A LOT better than my previous BB.

So there you go, hopefully, in a few months, I can add the iphone 5 to the list. :)

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Menu!

Marcadores

Seguidores

Pesquisar este blog