Tuesday, October 23, 2012
I just added a new red velvet cupcake to my list: Sophie's Mom (50php per cupcake).

I've known about this cupcake through Facebook, when I saw one of my friends post a pic of this.  Asked her about it and she directed me to Megamall.  

The Sophie's Mom stall is located near National Bookstore in Megamall Building A.  It's a quaint, girly, little stall that is just too adorable and cute for words!  Too bad I wasn't able to take pictures...

Anyway, moving on to the cupcake, I thought that it was really good, except for one nitpick.  In fact, I now consider this as my favorite commercial cupcake.  The cake is moist, and not too sweet, with just a hint of chocolate (must be the choc chips, haha!).  As for the frosting, it stays true to the cream cheese flavor with just a hint of sweetness teasing the tastebuds.  I loved it, and it really complemented the cupcake itself.  One thing that did bother me about the cupcake is that the frosting is a bit too dense for my liking.  If you shake the cupcake even a teeny bit, the entire goop of frosting can come off!  And I actually had to hold the frosting while eating so that it doesn't separate from the cupcake!  But other than that, taste-wise, I thought that this was really good... so good that I had my sister buy me a box of six the week after my first taste!

Overall, this is a cupcake that I would highly recommend.  I'll give it 4/5 stars.

Kitty wants a cupcake!!!

That's the dense frosting!

Beware!  One false move can cause the frosting to fall to the floor!

Cute little box for each cupcake!  Ideal as a sweet everyday gift to your significant other (Kitty not included).

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Menu!

Marcadores

Seguidores

Pesquisar este blog