Sunday, January 20, 2013
When I saw that J. Cuppacakes had opened a branch in Eastwood, I decided to give this cupcake another go.  I know that my previous review was not that favorable but I was hoping that there had been some improvements since then.

J. Cuppacakes in Eastwood is located beside the Citywalk Mall entrance, right across Bigoli.  The shop was as charming and as quaint as ever, with white wooden cabinets and shelves, floral accents, and pink decors all around.  Very very pretty indeed.

As for the cupcakes, I bought 2 cuppies: red velvet (60php) and dulce de leche (45php).  I am very disappointed to say that there has been no improvement at all on the red velvet.  Read on to the photo captions to see what I thought of the cuppies, this time around:

No change on the packaging, still pretty.

Reminds me of Chinese food take out boxes, only a lot prettier.

Abundance of frosting but darn, this cupcake is SMALL.

It could pass for a kinda large mini cupcake, if my memory serves me right.

In all fairness, this cupcake tastes good.  I loved the light frosting and the cream filling.

And would you believe that it was gone after 3 bites?  That's 15php for one bite!  This cupcake would have been worth it had it been bigger.

Looks nice but looks can be deceiving.

I can't believe that after the 5php price increase that the cupcake became even smaller!

Taste-wise, it was very so-so.  Nothing memorable about both the cake and frosting.  The frosting looks creamcheesy but it's not when you taste it.  And I still got the impression that the cupcake itself tastes like spongy bibingka.

My final verdict is that for the taste and size, the cupcakes are so not worth it.  There are so many more that can give you more bang for your buck like Sophie's Mom or Gigi's.  Would be great for presents because of the packaging but if you're after the taste like I am, you may want to pass. 

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Menu!

Marcadores

Seguidores

Pesquisar este blog