Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Last December, my family and A LOT of our friends went to Baguio to spend a few days there before the New Year.  Actually, my primary reason for going there was to attend one of my dearest friend's wedding, since Phoenix was one of the flower girls.  My mom's friends (and their families) just tagged along.  

We were there for 3days and 2nights, and we stayed at a transient house near Camp John Hay.  The place is called North Pines, and I highly recommend the place.  It's not all that but the rates are dirt cheap (300php/person/night), and the rooms are comfortable too.  Too bad I didn't get to take pics but they're not too bad.  I also liked that their parking area was spacious so it wasn't a problem that there were 4 cars from our group.

Anyway, here are some pics of the place that I managed to take:


Picture of the second and third levels.

View from the balcony, you can see the pretty sunset to the right.

The outside hallway, and yes, that's the sun setting in the background.

Since I was busy prepping for the wedding during the first part of the trip, I did not get to tour Baguio that much.  I missed the trip to the Strawberry farm and PMA and I actually just got to go around on our last day, right before we left for Manila.  Here are pics of our mini-trips:

Starbucks Camp John Hay... yay for 5 stickers for that day!

One of my fave Starbucks in the country.  Very homey feel.

The mandatory Minesview Park trip.  I bought an Island Souvenir T-shirt here.

Phoenix was bugging me for a 'horse ride' so we had her 'ride' one of those pink-haired horses.

That's 100php for 5 shots, I think.

Irritated with the horse owner since he only gave us the hat on the last shot, he might have been hoping that I'll fork over another 100 bucks for another round of pics.  No freaking way.

The cute St. Bernard!  In all fairness, this dog smells good, even better some people.  LOL!  That's 50php for 4 shots.

Fresh corn!  Yummy!

One of the signs inside the Good Shepherd Convent.

Posing inside Good Shepherd, after purchasing my favorites: 1 bottle of Ube Jam, 2 bottles of Alfajor and 3 bottles of Snowballs.  YUMMY!!!

Showing off the very bright pink shawl purchased in Minesview (as well as my new bangs!).

Oh, and another thing, don't be deceived by the short skirt and shorts I was wearing in Baguio: it was COLD when we were there.  I think that this is around the 6th or 7th time that I've been to Baguio but this is the coldest I've ever experienced.  I really liked the weather up there and it was a cruel slap in the face when we had a stopover in Tarlac and I felt the heat!  I wish that Manila had the same weather as Baguio but that's impossible.  Oh well...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to our next Baguio trip.  Next time, I'll be ready and make sure I bring boots with me.  

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Menu!

Marcadores

Seguidores

Pesquisar este blog