Monday, December 17, 2012
As a bonding activity with my daughter, I bought an arts and crafts activity kit from Toy Kingdom the other week.  For around 300php, my daughter and I were able to make cupcake-shaped refrigerator magnets last weekend.

The kit inlcudes the following:
  • 2 packs of plaster of Paris (1 pack good for 6 cupcakes)
  • Paint (not sure what kind) - pink, blue, yellow, white, and violet)
  • Paitbrush
  • Magnets
  • Pins (in case you want to make cupcake pins instead)
  • Cupcake mold
Here are some pictures of our bonding activity:


The Mould and Paint Cupcake Kit - packaging is very cute and eye-catching.  One of the reasons why I bought it.

Phoenix smiling at the camera before we opened the kit.

With all the tools laid out before her.

The tools, like I mentioned earlier.

After we are done mixing the plaster and pouring it into the mold.  You need to mix one pack of plaster with 50-70ml of water.

Waiting for the plaster to dry.  Takes around 30 minutes to an hour.

Cupcake plaster prior to painting.

My baby painting the cupcakes.  I mixed the colors for her.

Enjoying herself.

Another shot of her painting.

And ta da!!! The finished cupcakes!  Phoenix did most of the painting (except for 2 cupcakes wherein I couldn't resist and did all the coloring) but I did the edges and fine details for her.  Aren't they lovely? :)

Overall, I would recommend this kit for moms who want to do some bonding activity with their kids.  I believe that they have a lot of other sets that you can choose from.  My only complaint is that the paint peels off easily.  Good thing that a facebook friend recommended that I use clear acrylic spray on the finished product so that the paint can hold up.  I already bought the acrylic spray but I haven't used it yet.  Will post pics of the cuppies once I'm done coating them with clear acrylic.

Anyway, two thumbs up for this kit.  Highly recommended! 

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Menu!

Marcadores

Seguidores

Pesquisar este blog